If a minor is required in your degree program, at least 9 (lower and/or upper-division) hours of courses in the minor must be completed at the University.
Minor in Gender Studies
- Students minoring in Gender Studies must complete a total of 18 semester hours in approved courses.
- Students are required to complete two courses in any discipline in Group 1 and two courses in any discipline in Group 2. Group 1 disciplines are: African-American Studies, Art History, Communication, English, Foreign Languages, and History. Group 2 disciplines are: Anthropology, Criminal Justice, International Studies, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology.
- Minor courses must also represent four different disciplines.
- Approved Variable and Special Topics Courses that focus on gender studies can also be taken to complete the 18 semester hour requirement. For information on upcoming variable and special topics courses, consult the Director.
- GS 101
- One 400 level course with a focus on gender studies. This can be a GS course (i.e. GS 490) or an approved 400 level course in another discipline.
|GS 101||Intro to Gender Studies|
|Complete two Gender Studies courses from any of the following disciplines: African-American Studies, Art History, Communication, English, Foreign Languages, and History. These courses include but are not limited to the following:|
|Intro to African Amer Studies|
|Women in Art-W|
|Gender and Communication|
|Literature and Gender|
|Contemporary Black Fiction|
|19th Century Lit|
|Gender and Lit|
|African American Experiences|
|Body, Medicine, Society Europe|
|Sex,Celibacy Christian West|
|Studies in Gender and Writing|
|Complete two Gender Studies courses from any of the following disciplines: Anthropology, Criminal Justice, International Studies, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology. These courses include but are not limited to the following:|
|Gender and Anthropology|
|Gender and Criminal Justice|
|Race, Gender, & Politics|
|Women and Politics|
|Psy of Black Experience|
|Psychology of Gender|
|Sex, Power, & Politics|
|Marriage and the Family|
|African American Families|
|Adv Family Studies|
|Gender and Society|
|Sp Tp-#MeToo, Black Lives Matter & Beyond|
|Moving Beyond Diversity|
|Black Women and Activism|
|#Me Too, Black Lives Matter &|
|Gender Studies Seminar -|
|Gender & International Devel-W|
|International Develop & Educ-W|
|Living, Working, and Educating in a Diverse and Global Society|
|Compar & Intl. Gender & Fam|
|Global Gender Perpec in Ed|
|Gender and Aging|
|Human Sexuality: Health Ed Per|
|Women's Issues in Wrkpl-Comm|
Please note that there are frequent offerings in approved special topics. Check course schedule on the Gender Studies website.