- A minimum of 23 semester hours of Mathematics courses including a two-course sequences (6 hours), selected from MA 511 & MA 512, MA 515 & MA 516, MA 518 & MA 519, MA 535 & MA 536, MA 537 & MA 538, MA 542 & MA 543, MA 550 & MA 551, MA 555 & MA 560, MA 567 & MA 568, or MA 571 & MA 572 must be completed.
- MA 521 or MA 525.
- A minimum of 9 semester hours of Computer Science courses approved by the Mathematics Graduate Committee.
- At least twelve hours of graduate electives from the following:
- Complete a comprehensive examination covering a collection of courses specified by the Graduate Coordinator.
- Complete MA 592 (Seminar) during at least two semesters.
- MA 501, MA 502, MA 503, MA 504, MA 505, MA 506 do not satisfy degree requirements.
Policies And Procedures
The document "Department Policies and Procedures for the MS Degree Program in Mathematics" is posted on the departmental website. It contains details concerning advising, the comprehensive examination, graduate assistant duties, student meetings and colloquia.