The Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences degree is a one-year, non-thesis degree designed to enhance the scientific foundation and academic credentials of students who seek further academic training or employment in the health and biomedical fields.
Each applicant must be qualified for admission to the University of South Alabama Graduate School with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education. Additional requirements also include:
- An undergraduate minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for regular admission. Conditional admission may be granted in certain cases for lower GPAs.
- Undergraduate degrees should be from disciplines related to biomedical sciences or other STEM disciplines.
- An appropriate advanced degree may be used in lieu of other requirements for Regular Standing.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Two letters of recommendation attesting to the prospective student’s scholarship and potential for success in a graduate program.
- A Statement of Purpose that reflects the rationale for the chosen graduate program and includes examples of personal and professional experience relevant to the program.