Counseling/Testing, Drug/Alcohol, Disability Resources

The University Counseling And Testing Center  (UCTC), a department in the Division of Student Affairs, provides counseling and standardized testing services to the University of South Alabama’s undergraduate and graduate student community. Our mission is to provide high quality counseling, testing, outreach and consultative services and strives to facilitate the academic, emotional, social, and career development of students. Counseling services are free and confidential and provided by a staff of qualified mental health counselors. Students experiencing mental health and/or behavioral problems are invited to take advantage of this campus resource.

The USA Substance Abuse (USASA) Program is another facet of the University Counseling and Testing Center. This program provides USA students with counseling, educational, and prevention programs related specifically to substance abuse. The primary goals of the USASA program are to increase knowledge and awareness of alcohol and other drug issues and to decrease the harmful consequences associated with high risk drinking and/or illegal drug use.

The University Counseling and Testing Center also serves as a regional testing center for various national testing organizations. Testing services are provided for USA students as well as non-students. Fees for testing services vary according to the types of tests administered.

The University Counseling and Testing Center is located at 300 Student Center Circle. For further information about any of these services, contact our office at (251) 460-7051 or go on-line to

The University does not permit the possession, consumption, or distribution of alcohol by an individual on any of its campuses and in any of its facilities without prior approval. The possession, consumption, and/or distribution of illegal substances are forbidden. Violation of either policy is subject to both University administrative action and criminal prosecution.

See The Lowdown at for a full description of the policy.

The University offers special services to students with disabilities. Students requesting services must submit documentation regarding the disability to the Center for Educational Accessibility and Disability Resources (CEADR) prior to receiving services. Reasonable accommodations are offered in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act of 2008. The Center for Educational Accessibility and Disability Resources is located at 320 Student Center Circle, Suite 19, (251) 460-7212.