- A minimum of 32 semester hours of course work including MA 599.
- Two two-course sequences (12 hours), selected from MA 511 & MA 512, MA 515 & MA 516, MA 518 & MA 519, MA 521 & MA 525, MA 535 & MA 536, MA 537 & MA 538, MA 542 & MA 543, MA 550 & MA 551, MA 555 & MA 560, MA 567 & MA 568, or MA 571 & MA 572 must be completed.
- Complete a thesis. A maximum of six semester hours of credit will be granted for the thesis. A student may not enroll in MA 599 (Thesis) until a thesis prospectus has been approved by the Graduate Coordinator and the Director of Graduate Studies in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Complete a comprehensive examination covering a collection of course work specified by the Graduate Coordinator.
- Complete MA 592 (Seminar) during at least two semesters.
- MA 501, MA 502, MA 503, MA 504, MA 505, MA 506 do not satisfy degree requirements.
Policies And Procedures
The document "Department Policies and Procedures for the MS Degree Program in Mathematics" is posted on the departmental website. It contains details concerning advising, the comprehensive examination, graduate assistant duties, student meetings and colloquia.